Sunday, August 17, 2008

55 Days@Airtel

I have finally found the time to write something again, and it is a great feeling!

It has been a long time since I got time off for this. The last 55 days have been downright hectic ( a word which figures in most of my orkut or facebook interactions). I have learnt so much from the past couple of months, that somehow whenever I head out somewhere, I have an innate feeling of pride in my knowledge,about my work!

Well, I finished my one month stint at Networks, and besides learning the pain points the technical team faces, I have seen the way the business is impacted by the backbone of the business - the minute making factories. For the past few weeks I have been exposed to the Customer Satisfaction Delivery processes and mechanisms.

What should not have been surprising or astounding for me, is that there is a complete mechanism, a complete well thought out process behind the entire business. Pity, as a customer how less we think about the other side; the people, the work, the intentions to succeed which exist on the other side. The best and the worst part of the entire deal is that nothing is stable, nothing is constant. Everything changes, and that too rapidly. At one moment you are relaxing and thinking about the way your achievement will impact the business, the other you realize that the competition has someone as intelligent who just made mincemeat of your achievement. So its back to square one, and the learning curve just gets steeper and steeper.

Currently I am getting involved in something which is hopefully going to impact my industry in a bigger way,. or at least that's what I think will happen. These are very exciting times, and one can maybe put it down to my in-experience, but I think it is so great that I look forward to every day. I somehow think work, even when I am not around the office, and that itself has given me a great thrill. There is a purpose, a final destination which I want to reach, and these early days have given me the feeling of being on the right path! Sounds philosophical, but who cares!

The power to dream, the power to achieve, the power to will everything is in my hands!

Feels incredible!!!

Meaning or intention of this post....NOTHING!...Just wanted to blog and share the positivism I have been feeling!

By the way, this post could also be put down to the Arthur Clarke novels, which have these immensely well dreamt plots which reflect optimism to the core!!! :)

1 comment:

Prashant Gahlot said...

Good to read about your optimism and in general other posts. Keep Posting !